Monday 11 February 2013

It seems the need to blog over comes all of us at some point in our lives. This is my first blog ever! I've just come back from weekend with my sister and family. The last time was new year; too long. My neice was 19 on Sunday. On the Sunday morning, we, the oldies, sat down stairs waiting to wish her happy birthday. She was upstairs, in her room, texting her friends. It reminded me of where we were in the pecking order. I was very pleased I went up to Scotland. I may have only been able to spend a short time with my neice, but I know she appreciated me being around. To be at these little but important moments, makes family.
We've now a couple of days prep. for the next retreat group coming in on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard sometimes, as a religious living in community, to balance the needs of both family and community. The community is a kind of family too but it is never a substitute or even an escape from family and its commitments. Maintaining family links is a way of strengthening community living when it is done with a balanced love.
    David

    ReplyDelete